Will Eircom Netopia wireless router work for Esat BT broadband?

RainyDay

My elderly Netgear router is showing signs of age and requires reboots every couple of hours. I've got my hands on a brand-new Eircom issued Netopia wireless router.

Would you expect the Eircom router to work on the Esat BT broadband service, or are the routers 'locked' to the ISP in any way?

My elderly Netgear router is showing signs of age and requires reboots every couple of hours.
That sounds very odd. Are you sure that it's the router and not something else like the line itself etc.? Is there any logging/reporting/diagnostic facilities on the router that might help in determining the cause of the problem?

That sounds very odd. Are you sure that it's the router and not something else like the line itself etc.? Is there any logging/reporting/diagnostic facilities on the router that might help in determining the cause of the problem?
Not sure at all. However, it is definitely more than just the line itself, as the wireless link from the laptop dissappears. I guess that replacing the router will help to narrow down the fault at least.

Thanks Doc - Doesn't look too jiggery in some cases.

For the record, the switchover to the Netopia router was fairly painless. The most difficult bits was remembering what my Esat BT password was. Does this post look much faster/nicer to you guys, now that I'm using my swish new Netopia router?