Wii Games

Digger

Are Wii games region free, I plan to purchase a few in NY , Will they work on a Wii bought in Ireland.?

Nope. Same as playstation and xbox - they are limited by the TV that you use. If your TV is PAL (like most in Europe) then it wont work. Consoles in US are NTSC and so only work with NTSC games.

PC Games work in any country (language issues apart). And so will handheld nintendo ds, psp etc.

Hi,

"And so will handheld nintendo ds, psp etc."

Yankinlk, are you sure about the above? I know this is the case with DS games, however I didn't realise it was same with PSP. My brother going to New York soon and I was looking at getting PSP for eldest but on ebay etc when researching games it differentiates between NTSC and Pal in a lot of instances. Have you direct experience with bringing in a PSP? I still have opportunity to buy from U.S at reduced rate and would obviously be keen to do so.

Thanks.

Hi,

Yankinlk, are you sure about the above? I know this is the case with DS games, however I didn't realise it was same with PSP. My brother going to New York soon and I was looking at getting PSP for eldest but on ebay etc when researching games it differentiates between NTSC and Pal in a lot of instances. Have you direct experience with bringing in a PSP? I still have opportunity to buy from U.S at reduced rate and would obviously be keen to do so.

Thanks.

As has been said many times before, PSP games are region free but the UMD movies are not.

Hi,

Thanks.

PSP & nintendo games ARE region free

Back