Wife wants buy out family home

Moneymoney22

I am going through a divorce at present and my wife is buying out the family home and has to go through the mortgage process but she is saying that she got mortgage approval but that she cannot get to go ahead with the mortgage until a divorce certificate is shown to the banks.

can anyone help me as do not trust her. A lot going on in the background but to make it simple surely evidence of the divorce proceedings would be suffice for the bank in order for her to get a mortgage

If you are not divorced, its your money too that she is dealing with here right?
Or is there a legal separation in place?

She could get mortgage approval but there would be a condition on it that before drawdown she would have to produce something that shows all issues especially re property have been dealt with, be that a separation agreement or divorce.

I had to print off a copy of my marriage cert for the bank and a copy of the divorce decree. If you are not yet divorced then i dont see how she can buy you out of the house as you still have rights to it until you are legally divorced.

Back