Wide Screen TV

S

sohar45

Hello Friends,

'am looking forward to buy a new/used Wide screen tv(28"), Can you please let me know if there is any website so that I can check the better deals. Also, if I go for used tele's how old can I look for and is it reliable.

Please let me know.

Regards,
San

There's a CROWN 28inch Widescreen for 270 Euro in Dunnes Stores at the moment (including stand!).

Ditto from Lidl (brand = Welltech (German rebrand)). With a 3-year guarantee...:) (but no stand included) Neither of these are widescreen, just 'bigscreen'.

My hunch is that most of the local dealers will drop prices to match these offers (or nearly). So walk into your local TV shop and ask them to give you a good reason to buy from them instead... ;)

T.V

Don't touch a Phillip's widescreen.
I can't fault the sony WEGA tele's

Whats wrong with Philips Widescreen

Hi Digger,

Whats wrong with the Philips widescreen? My wife bought me one a couple of years ago and it seems to work fine.

Almost30

Re: Whats wrong with Philips Widescreen

anecdotal evidence and personal experience suggests that they all break down after a relatively short time. 2-3 years

Re: Whats wrong with Philips Widescreen

anecdotal evidence and personal experience suggests that they all break down after a relatively short time. 2-3 years

I bought a Philips 28 inch TV and never had any problems with it - sold it eventually to buy a 32inch widescreen (Sony).

Philips are one of the main makes of CRT and other TV technology, often rebadged by other manufacturers.

They consistently get good reviews in the likes of Home Cinema Choice.

PS I don't work for Philips and am not related to anyone who does - after all, my surname is not Philips, it's Bond. :)

Philip's T.V

The reason why certain philip's T.V.s are so crap is that certain models manufactureed in the last 3 or 4 years
have a bad processor card called a painter I.C.
Off the top of my head part no is 32pW6005 or 6
of the T.V's affected. unfortunatley I'm the proud owner of such a model. !

Back