Why I prefer to fly economy class

Brendan Burgess

Founder
They are a very rough crowd in the Business Class
http://www.independent.ie/entertain...er-arrest-over-alleged-air-rage-30734643.html

One eyewitness to the incident said passengers became aware of the commotion when they saw a woman in business class standing up and shouting about 20 minutes before landing.

"It quietened down for a while and after landing it started again. We could see all this up along the aisle. We were told by the crew that there was a delay with the steps because ground staff weren't on duty yet. Our flight was nearly an hour and a half early," she said.

When gardai boarded the flight, the commotion continued.

"The curtains were opened a few times and at one stage we saw the woman thumping the ceiling of the plane.

"It was only after we got off the plane that we heard who it was. She was roaring at the cabin crew and at one stage I heard her say 'I pay my taxes'," the passenger added.

Don't know if it was drink related, but I can't for the life of me understand why they serve alcohol on planes! :confused:

Don't know if it was drink related, but I can't for the life of me understand why they serve alcohol on planes! :confused:
The only answers to that would be speculative :) They do serve alcohol pretty much on demand in business class so it wouldn't be entirely improbable.

I suspect the reason they serve alcohol is something of a throwback to the heady early days of air travel when it was mostly the preserve of the wealthy.

Back