Why does my Meteor phone go ...

RainyDay

beep beep (incoming SMS message tone) every time I hang up from the voicemail service - quite annoying!

It's nothing to do with your network. It's actually the phone. It has a software fault. Don't worry it not a major problem and won't damage your phone in any way. You can bring it back to the shop within 28 days of Purchase if faulty for a replacement but not a refund.

Can you be more specific about the bug in question? Perhaps there's a firmware upgrade available that will fix the problem and can be applied on a DIY basis?

Best thing to do is bring it to your nearest Nokia Ctr and they should be able to do it for you. You should get it back the same day, the job only takes 5 minutes.

Hi

I think the problem might be your old number...example

If you were 087 and went 085 ( this is what the mobile companies call number porting) you will get a beeb on the phone.

So to summerise:

Person ringing a original 087 number but this number now is ported 085 will recieve a beeb tone.

hope this makes sense

This isn't my problem. The tone doesn't occur when someone rings me. It occurs 2 seconds after I hanging up from ringing Meteor voicemail.

RainyDay said:
This isn't my problem. The tone doesn't occur when someone rings me. It occurs 2 seconds after I hanging up from ringing Meteor voicemail.

Sorry... Just trying to help

Don't know the 'phone, RainyDay, but have you tried trawling the options menu for the facility to turn off 'service' tones? (e.g. connection to network, etc.)

DrMoriarty said:
Don't know the 'phone, RainyDay, but have you tried trawling the options menu for the facility to turn off 'service' tones? (e.g. connection to network, etc.)
Yep - I did have a look under message settings and in the profiles/phone settings sections, but I didn't see anything that seemed relevent.

It's a software fault. If it's within 28 days of purchase, the meteor store will swap out if you have all boxes etc. If within 12 months of purchase, they will send it off for repair (taking up to two weeks) or if you're in Dublin, bring it to Sigma FoneFix on St. Margrets Rd. in Finglas. Just needs a software upgrade, and you'll have it back that day. You need to back up and images or sounds before hand as upgrading software wipes all data from the phone.