Why do so many Girls like Rugby?

Simple - because No.1 it is perceived as a middle class sport (and is, largely) & No.2, some women like to look at strong, masculine men, doing their thing.

So most women are therefore obilvious to genuine sporting skill and follow it for different motives -i.e a sense of place in society and well male lust... interesting

Kind of like when I developed a keen interest in Athletics around the same time as Linford Christie did the 100 metres.

I so love it..Oh My God like its so like skillfull and stuff?

Oh My God,the goys are like so hot and stuff?

Then theres Kielys ,like after the match for like a pint of Heino .

Whats not to like? like? and stuff
)

Wouldn't imagine there are any more girls (on average) into Rugby than are into GAA or indeed Soccer?
Just that with the Rugby teams' successes this year it's probably highlighted more.

Can't beat the sight of a good-lookin woman in a GAA jersey tho'

GAA players are more attractive IMO. Fresher, more spontaneous and their bodies have three seperate parts - feet to hips, hips to shoulders and shoulders to crown. Too many rugger boys have a neck that seems the same width as the head.

I like watching rugby cause i think it's more exciting than soccer, and the men are real men's men. Not like soccer players who fall to the ground crying when they get a tap or a shove. Same for GAA players, anyone who plays gaelic football or hurling is a man's man in my book!

Seems a ridiculous reason to like another sport cause you dislike the habits prevalent in another field sport. The three sports mentioned are not comparable they are so technically different to be beyond comparison and diving while sad is a part of the conning referee and time wasting aspect of soccer and is as regretable as eye-gouging in rugby and fisticuffs and dragging in GAA although not as common in hurling. Your case needs to be stronger

But it's looking like plenty of women ( Smashbox, MandaC, chocks away, shootingstar...) just like looking at the guys.

Maybe I wasn't far wrong...

Donncha O Callaghan in his little red speedo underwear seems to have spawned a whole new female rugby-following sorority. Which is fine by me, now I can safely watch women's beach volleyball and not feel slightly guilty for not even knowing what shape the ball is. Is there a ball?