Why do RTE still insist in using Real Player on their site, while adverts use Flash?

Towger

Why do RTE still insist in using 15 year old Real Player on their site, while adverts use Flash?

Re: Why do RTE still insist in using Real Player on their site, while adverts use Fla

did you ask them? i suspect it's all they know.

Re: Why do RTE still insist in using Real Player on their site, while adverts use Fla

Nope. Umm. I wonder if they are still using Novell (Netware) 3.15 to run their teletext service...

Why do RTE still insist in using 15 year old Real Player on their site, while adverts use Flash?

They are having ( yet another laugh ) at the Irish mugs forced to pay for the tripe that they broadcast.

RTE should have been sold off circa 2003

Now all its fit for is closing down

Why the hang-up on Flash? What makes you think it is fundamentally better than RealPlayer?

Many of these techheads forget that many users in corporate environments don't have direct control over their PC. So they are unable to install or upgrade their PCs to run these tools.

Noting wrong with Flash per say. It is more lightly to be on a PC than flash in a corporate environment. I have found over the years that that Real Player installs a lot of junk on the PC and tends to be buggy.

Back