Why Do I need Bi-Directional TRVs?

pennypincher

Guys went to the local heat merchants today looking for TRVs for my radiators and they asked did I want Bi-Directional.
1.Do I need this...I thought it was only if you had vertical radiators I would need bi directional...
2.Do I get the locking shield with the valve or do I need to ask for it?What is it...They're quoting between 13-16 Euro per valve depending on make but will do a deal if I get a few of them.
3.They said it's important that the valve isn't covered by curtains etc,can you fit the valve on either side of radiator as I do have furniture near some of the rads I'm looking at changing,and don't want it not working correctly because of this.
Thanks

Bidirectional means it can be put on the flow or the return so either side of the radiator. Usually you get the lockshield valve with them although I left the old valve on mine as there didn't seem any point in changing them.
Make sure you get enough for the whole job, I got 3 to start with but when I went back for more they were using a different brand.

Back