Who's the worst member of the government?

Purple

Just what it says, my vote is for Mary Coughlan; a clown amongst clowns. If it was a comedy she'd have the starring role.

jeez.......she's well up there but it's such a beauty contest with O'Cuiv and Cullen in the frame too. Probably doing an injustice to the wet fish brigade of Micheal Martin and Willy Wonka and the Greens. And then if you get down into the championship with the likes of Noel Aherne, Martin Mansergh and the Kebabman......... there's so many

Roy

Or how about a clown-of-the-day award to

I will second Coughlan and a prized dope though.

Coughlan (in her current role.) Agriculture suited her though!

Cullen for his arrogance but I do admire him for still being a minister despite not acheiving one success of note in his various portfolios.

Willie O Dea because I just can't take him seriously.

Have to aggree with the choice of Coughlan but Cowen must be a close second.
Publically backed Roddy Molloy - a couple of days later he had to resign.
Publically stated there would be no budget - a couple of days later he announces a budget.
Brings last year's budget forward by 2 months and therefore totally under estimates the 2009 deficit.

Is it true that on the Week in Politics, he said he had not a clue what the revenue figures released this week would be like?

Mary White had an original idea, ok, so maths may not be her strong point, but it was a new thought
Coughlan did a reasonably good job in agriculture but now seems out of her depth
As a cork man, hate to say it, but my vote goes to Michael Martin, no matter where he goes, he just seems out of his depth.

Michael Martin - he screwed up Enterprise & Health - with that track record &in his current role we'll probably end up in a war against Israel!

He's a muppet.

Mary Coughlan & Willy O'Dea.

Best? Possibly Dermot Ahern - he manages to almost always appear to be professional at least and speaks authoratively. Don't like him though.

O'Cuiv not the worst by any means -- he's a man of integrity at least, which is more than you can say for many of them.
For me the worst is Dick Roche, followed by Cullen, O'Dea, Harney and then take your pick.
I wouldn't put mary Coughlan in charge of parking cars, but hey, it's a democracy, more than half the voters were happy to elect her.

Michael Martin - he screwed up Enterprise & Health - with that track record &in his current role we'll probably end up in a war against Israel!

He's a muppet.

I don't mind Michael at all. I don't mind mary that much either.

Think MM has really gone to ground since he moved from health. How did he mess up DETE?

Back on topic - I'll 5th or 6th M Coughlan.

I nominate the following:
Barry Andrews, Dick Roche, Trevor Sergent, Noel Ahern, Sean Power, Tony Killeen, Connor Lenihan, Mary Wallace, Sean Haughey, Michael Kitt, Billy Kelleher, John McGuinness, Jimmy Devins, Maire Hoctor, John Maloney, Michael Finneran, John Curran, Peter Power & Martin Manseragh.

Would we miss any of them if they lost their posts?

What about Mary Coughlan?

Barry Andrews isn't bad and at least Rick Roche read the Lisbon treaty!

Photo finish between Coughlan, Cullan and Harney. A triumverate of ineptitude.

I agree. I think Barry Andrews has done a good job and Dick Roche does talk sense. I also think Pat Carey comes across well in a difficult job trying to defend his colleagues. Mary Hanafin also comes across well.

Someone mentioned Trevor Seargent above and I will have to agree. As someone who has voted for him in the past, I have to hold my hands up and admit my innocence/stupidity.

What about Mary Coughlan?

She is very limited as a minister and prone to an occassional gaff but she is in good company in that regard. In her defence though she hasn't made an actual cock up within her department but lacking in ideas at the same time.

Others have done worse e.g. voting machines, health service payroll system, giving all OAP's medical cards and then taking medical cards away from OAP's etc etc.

In her defence though she hasn't made an actual cock up within her department but lacking in ideas at the same time.
Her cock-up's are harder to see but a major part of her job is to sell Ireland to the international business community and she is worse than useless at that.

Her cock-up's are harder to see but a major part of her job is to sell Ireland to the international business community and she is worse than useless at that.

We are not that easy to sell at the moment especially after all the banking scandals in the last few months.