Who's for the Final?

Ash 22

Will it be Kerry v Dublin and Kilkenny v Tipperary or wll we see an upset? Imagine what it would be like for Wexford and Waterford to get into the finals.

Yes maybe this will be the year for the underdogs but certainly Tyrone will be no pushover for anybody.

is it just me or do Dublin think they have a devine right to an All Ireland? If you didn't live here you be excused for thinking we had only two counties playing the game,Dublin and Kerry.

I think we will have Kerry and Kilkenny champions........again

Think you are right. Dublin proved once again that they are an abysmal disappointment. They have a tremendous capacity to blow hot and cold and when the latter applies, they are no better than a poor club team. In the Leinster final they were rampant; against Tyrone they were painful to watch and it was not that Tyrone were particularly brilliant. Dublin just collapsed. And despite Colm O'Rourke's assertion that the loss of Alan Brogan was Dublin's downfall, it goes much deeper than that in that there were so many sectors which collapsed — long before Brogan went off injured. Dublin are all hype and little substance.

Haven't a clue. And couldn't care less In interests of inhibiting future hospital emergencieS, Tyrone MUST FAIL (SoRRY dAd)

Will it be Kerry v Dublin and Kilkenny v Tipperary or wll we see an upset? Imagine what it would be like for Wexford and Waterford to get into the finals.

I think Tipp are a better side than the Deise but rain will equalise it a bit. I still fancy Tipp to progress and score a few goals in the process. Tipp v KK will be a great final I hope. I reckon KK will win but this Tipp team are not too far off winning Liam McCarthy.

It is good for Dublin that 'Pillar' has resigned. I dont think he had the mentality for the big occasion, this was made clear in 2006 with the mess in front of Hill 16 when Mayo un-nerved the Dubs and went on to steal victory. Dublin have the players to win Sam but they need a damn good manager now to unlearn some of the mental frailties.

is it just me or do Dublin think they have a devine right to an All Ireland?

Doubt it. It would be seriously misguided if they had. They have a reasonable expectation to do well if they give a good account of themselves but they haven't even done that lately.

The underdogs have done it again. What a game. Well done Waterford.

I don't think they should have been classed as underdogs really given that this time last year they made it to the semis and tipp only the quarters. The only favourites left in hurling these days are kilkenny and I don't see any upsets coming on final day unfortunately. (Would have loved a tipp kilkenny clash).

What I find hard to understand is why the weaker counties can't improve a bit.Take the likes of Carlow, Waterford, Leitrim footballers. Surely there are 20 or so good players in those counties that with proper training can be as good as their counterparts in other counties. Is it the trainers in those counties don't have what it takes?

Back to the hurling, it's very hard to see Kilkenny being beaten but maybe if all the Waterford players could up their game more and give it one huge go maybe they're in with a shout.

I agree completely, even the bit about a Tipp Kilkenny final. If Kilkenny had an A and B team you can besure they would meet in the final if they were on the right side of the draw.

I think if any team wins 3 in a row they should be banned for at least 2 seasons

I know we get tired of the same team winning but at the end of the day if they're good enough they deserve it. They obviously put in massive training.

No, this Waterford fully deserve a crack at KK and an All Ireland Final appearance. This Waterford team have won 3 Munster titles in recent years and lost 5 All Ireland semi-finals.
In the last 5 years, KK have been the best team followed by Cork and then Waterford. Tipp are starting to improve again but they are not the force they were in days gone by having only won 4 All Irelands in the last 40 years. Tipp were beaten by Wexford last year. They are still in the same league as Clare, Galway, Wexford etc...

I know we get tired of the same team winning but at the end of the day if they're good enough they deserve it.

Agreed. But if there's an absence of real competition, the sport itself ultimately suffers and loses its appeal.

I suppose what we need is for someone other than KK to be good enough to win it on merit alone.

I wasn't thinking of who deserved it, I just prefer Tipp. Anyhow what does it matter when the price for winning a semi is to get the crap beaten out of you by a team that could field 12 players and still win.

and when the latter applies, they are no better than a poor club team. Dublin are all hype and little substance.

Are you seriously suggesting that Dublin, on Sunday's performance would be beaten by a poor club side? Naturally, following the defeat, I was expecting the usual anti Dublin comments but a bit of perspective would be good.. Its always interesting to note that nobody on AAm ever makes any comments on the defeat by any other countty expect Dublin.

Well done to Tyrone and Wexford, some interesting matches left in the football championship where we see 3 of the 4 provincial champions are gone. On the hurling side, Waterford will be the underdogs and will be under no pressure, could be the platform to spring a surprise..

Blame the media, from the 1st round Dublin and final are mentioned. I dislike the guy with the fake blond hair ever since he goaded that guy from Roscommon I think, after scoring a goal. I hope he never has the honour of lifting Sam.