Whom to contact to cut down a tree

RPR

Hello,
In front of our house there is tree, I would like to cut it down as its full of insects & spiders.
Whom should I contact to either get it moved or chopped off?

Is the tree in your front garden or is it on the public path?

If on the public path, you'd need to contact your local council. However, unless the tree is rotten / a danger to the public, it is unlikely that they would cut it down just because it is playing host to insects (BTW, having a wildlife friendly tree near you is a good thing).

Spiders and insects have as much right to be here as you do! Besides, there are probably more spiders and insects inside your house than in the tree, you just don't see them...

It's in the public path.
I am not against wild life, but lately all the spiders are inside my car, which I am dead against, it freaks the hell out of me.
Freaking is not a good sign while driving ..!

Contact the local authority I guess? I would be surprised if they agreed to cut it down for such reasons though. And proper order in my opinion.

lately all the spiders are inside my car, which I am dead against, it freaks the hell out of me.
Freaking is not a good sign while driving ..!

Are you serious? You need to learn to deal with the odd spider - they won't eat you! How are they getting in to your car? Are you leaving the sunroof / windows open? Surely they're not all climbing in through the vents?

The tree must be 7 years old. Don't know what kind of tree it is. Its fully infested with spiders..all tiny ones.
I have all car doors closed all the time, there is a small dent in the car, so probably getting in thru those.

If its one spider, that's fine....but what would you do when you see more than 20 of them creeping on your seats, windows, sun roof.

I think I am going to get a ladder & spray the entire tree with pesticide.
No point in chasing council to get the work done.
This is the first time such a thing has happened. I never leave the car under the tree...have parking space. Other alternative is avoid parking there.

Are you sure that they are still coming from the tree and not nesting in your car?