Who would you like to see running the country?

O Leary for me. Thatcher would never get the top job here because (for all their many failings) our politicians are not poodles. If the political status quo were to survive, then I'd go for Podge and Rodge. They'd do roughly the same as the present top duo and at a fraction of the price

I still think Maggie Thatcher with Jack Welch as a sidekick would do a good job in this area.

Maggie Thatcher as Taoiseach.

One year's worth of Margaret Thatcher/Michael O'Leary should sort out the unions and public sector.

Have a quick look at Thatcher's legacy in creating a divided society in Britian (north vs south, rich vs poor) and note how she made her own party unelectable for a generation before you make your final decision.

Have a quick look at Thatcher's legacy in creating a divided society in Britian (north vs south, rich vs poor) and note how she made her own party unelectable for a generation before you make your final decision.

I was a bit young when she was in power but still I was no fan of hers (though I did like the idea that government should find out how much money they have before they decide how much they will spend), but there were plenty of divisions in Britain before she came along.

Michael O' Leary for sure. And for those who said he got it wrong on fuel, well I think he's laughing now. I'd love to work for him, what an inspiration. He'd have us ship shape in no time.

We could get Ian Paisley and have him rant "Ireland says No" next time Lisbon is put to a vote.

Might as well get Dustin the Turkey or Ming the Merciless to run the whole show if the best anyone can come up with is Michael O'Leary. He is arrogant and unsympathetic. There would be no such thing as medical cards for the elderly and everyone would be living on a pittance if he was in charge. Cop on.

Who'd you like to see then?

..actually Luke "Ming" Flanagan topped the poll in County Council elections in Roscommon a few years ago..apparently was quite an astute and canny politician in the area at the time. Maybe if he dropped the whole druggy image he might have prospered in the area of Politics.....

daithi

apparently was quite an astute and canny politician in the area at the time.
The last thing we need is politicians running the country. Have we not learnt anything?

Oh well, I suppose Dana would be out of the question so. Though she sings, prays, is well in with popes and appears on the Late Late every so often. She'd be brilliant!!

Might as well get Dustin the Turkey or Ming the Merciless to run the whole show if the best anyone can come up with is Michael O'Leary. He is arrogant and unsympathetic. .

We want him to run the country as efficiently and successfully as Ryanair, not to go out for pints with him Saturday night. I don't care if he is a total d*ck if he gets the job done.