Who to get to fix house alarm? How much?

pavlov

My sister and husband bought a house within the last couple of years. The house had previously been rented. When they bought the house the alarm code was not provided. The alarm started to go off of its own accord and a guy came out to disconnect it. He said that it would cost 500 euro to fix it. Bear in mind that all of the alarm fixtures and box are in place.

Does this seem like an excessive price?

Would an ordinary electrician be able to fix an alarm?

She is based in Drogheda. She still doesn't have the alarm code.
Any ideas on how to help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

€500 seems like a quote to replace the control panel etc. Did he say what the problem was?Maybe he just did not know how to unuock or reset the codes.How old is the system?No an electrician can not repair alarms unless they are registered alarm installers & are licenced by the PSA. It is illegal for them to do so & it is illegal for you to employ someone who in not licenced.I will PM you my number if you want us to look at it for you.

Firstly what i did was ,I rang the installer and offered to buy the master code of him cost about 140 to do this , I will never need them again,I also manage to acquire a manual for the system on line
I had a similar prob to you in that I didn't know the master code but knew the user code.

You could get a new panel put in and do it yourself for roughly 200.
wiring and sensors are all in place I presume and you will then have total control over system.