Who should have a right to stand for the Presidency?

The reaction is because the pendulum has swung too far to the other side.
It's not building a bridge when all the concessions and costs are borne by one side.
Nobody is speaking for the side that picks up the bill.
Feelings aren't being inflamed. They already were and nobody was listening.
It is not unreasonable for those who have more to foot the bill. I have no problem with money being spent on social and educational supports for Travellers. I have no problem with “one side footing the bill”, especially when that one side constitutes 99% of the population.

I do have a problem with the lack of moral courage by Traveller representatives. They need to call out criminality within their own community. They need to call out domestic violence and child marriage and other things which are never acceptable, no matter what you “tradition”. When that happens they will have credibility. At the moment they have none. In keeping silent they invalidate the very real issues that the Traveller community face.

Feelings aren't being inflamed. They already were and nobody was listening.
That's true and Fintan and those who occupy the moral high ground while keeping those who they whine about at arms length through economic apartheid are not serving anyone with moralistic mewling which ignores reality.

It's not being partisan to look for equal application of the law.
It is if the law itself is partisan.

It is not unreasonable for those who have more to foot the bill. I have no problem with money being spent on social and educational supports for Travellers. I have no problem with “one side footing the bill”, especially when that one side constitutes 99% of the population.

I do if that 1% is evading its responsibility to contribute in line with its capacity to do so.

I do have a problem with the lack of moral courage by Traveller representatives. They need to call out criminality within their own community. They need to call out domestic violence and child marriage and other things which are never acceptable, no matter what you “tradition”. When that happens they will have credibility. At the moment they have none. In keeping silent they invalidate the very real issues that the Traveller community face. That's true and Fintan and those who occupy the moral high ground while keeping those who they whine about at arms length through economic apartheid are not serving anyone with moralistic mewling which ignores reality.

Well said.

It is if the law itself is partisan.

Whats aspect of Irish law is partisan against people living a traveller lifestyle?

And remember it was fascists who were keen on special privileges for certain ethnic identities and special laws for others.
Today it's supposed to be the fascists who are opposed to the creation of different identities for different citizens.
Makes no sense.

Back