Who regulates our Banks ??????

Silverhillie

Hi. I'm having great difficulties dealing with an Irish bank. I am involved in a partnership and a joint bank account was set up for the business. It is a joint account and both parties had signing authority on cheques etc. A large number of funds were allowed to be moved from the account without my signature, consent or authorization. When I reported to the bank concerned. They told me after many letters they lost the mandate governing the account. and to make a complaint to FSPO. Which I did and was told unless I can get the permission of my business partner who took the funds to consent to FSPO investigating they are not prepared to get involved. My business partner told the bank that he was signing my name onto cheques because I was refusing to sign cheques as he demanded? Many direct debits were allowed to be set up on the account without my consent or knowledge and the bank concerned have stated in a written format, I need my business partner signed authority to stop these direct debits as per mandate. Also have refused to inform who benefited from the funds released from the account by direct debits. I am confused and need to know whose job it is to regulate our Financial institution. I have tried the central bank and they say it the FSPO job. They also stated the need for both parties to consent for an investigation to occur. I then spoke with the FineGael TD South Kildare who claimed that regulation can not be provided to me in this case and to issue proceedings in our courts. Our politicians need to be told that not everyone has multiple salaries coming into their homes to bring legal. How disappointed I am in finegeal a so-called party of accountability and trust. Have we learned nothing from our past experiences of greedy bankers imposing financial heartbreak on us all? Please please could someone advise?

I would have thought that it’s a matter for the Gardai. Forging someone’s signature is fraud, and, based on the facts as presented in the opening post, serious and repeated fraud appears to have occurred.

Guys, I have tried An Garda Siochana, Superintendent, and Gsoh. Our Superintendent has no interest in addressing the issue, saying my business partner stated under cross-examination to have forged my signature but done so with my approval which is totally untrue. Gsoh is a joke got a 30-minute meeting for a chief superintendent to tell me what a wonderful person our Superintendent is. I do ask what institution that regulates itself actually works Has GSOH worked in the past ??????? I do welcome everyone posts thanks guys

This is a "you say, he said" argument and would best be sorted by a solicitor

Not quite sure how you would sort out who is telling the truth here

Thank JPD for your post. However, I got quite a lot of info under GDPR from the bank in question and our accountant. In the bank notes my business partner has told the bank that he is actively forging my signature because I was refusing to sign cheques He also told the bank he has set up another account where funds from the business are being held under his sole control. Also, my accountant gave me a copy of a bank statement that was submitted to revenue the statement was retyped by the accountancy firm and had both our names on it. When I went to the bank in question they told me it was in my business partners sole name and they could not discuss the account with me

Back