Who pays for door handles?

mct1

In our extension contract a PC sum has been allocated for the (8) internal doors and it states "the Contractor shall include the price of frames and other fixtures and fitting in his tender price". My husband and I differ on who should actually provide the door furniture we choose. What would the normal practice be?

I would imagine that the contractor has included for standard door handles, if you want ones that cost more you will probably have to fund the difference.

Builder should - PC Sum is inserted at the time of pricing, builder would have nt known the amount you would spend on door handles and stuck in an average figure. you choose the fittings, he purchases them & fits them.

Bullbars is right. I'm married to a builder. a P.C. sum is decided on at the time of pricing. When the doors & frames etc are finished and if the total cost was less than the P.C. sum allowed, the builder owes you the balance and should refund you the difference. If the total cost runs to MORE than the P.C. sum allowed for it, then you will owe the builder the difference. It is usually the client owes the builder rather than the other way round.

Back