Who is best value for home phone?

U

Unregistered

Hi,

Just about to connect new phone in new home and am having a battle with eircom at the moment to get them to connect it and have a complaint in that they don't seem to be investigating them. So, therefore don't want to give them the business.

From what I understand they charge €24 for rental per month and they have these talk time packages starting at 27.99 per month which includes 300 off peak minutes and some call a friend for free time.

My question is does anyone else offer better value than this? Will really only be using the phone off peak anyway so don't need anything too fancy.

Have read some threads here that euphony are good value for money but surely will the line rental and what they charge it will be about €35 per month.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!!

UTV Talk get a good review on AAM generally speaking, they provide free calls local and national at off peak times as long as the call is under 1 hour (after that just hang up and call back to reset the clock!). Ultimately it will depend on you usage. Also have a look at Smart, I think they offer free calls to other Smart customers all during the day, I could stand to be corrected though

y but euphony calls are free 24/7 for the 10 euro (incl vat) /month
a cheaper 4.99 version for off peak is available as well

UTV Talk great for off-peak local National and UK.
Buytel...now Access Telecom (Not sure if they take on new customers) great for peak local/national and international.
Euphony have a good value add-in for mobile calls.

Calls to Mobiles are becoming a major part of phone bills for many of us.
Check to see if mobile call rates are important in your choice.

Thank you very much for all your very helpful replies.

Had a look at UTV talk and the one thing that put me off is that they say you cannot have any other providers. I wanted to get vartec as well as they seem to be the cheapest to calls for Australia but wanted to go with UTV as they have free off peak calls to the UK and these are the only 2 places I would regularly be phoning, outside of Ireland.

Does anyone out there have UTV and another provider.

Use Telestunt for your calls to Australia....for the price of a local call. (www.telestunt.ie)

On another note, what does anyone who has utv use for mobile calls?

Thanks Cullenswood.

However will UTV charge you for the 1890 number?

Thanks again.

Unregistered said:
Thanks Cullenswood.

However will UTV charge you for the 1890 number?

Thanks again.

Yep, they will charge you at local call rates, which is 1.26 per minute off peak, which is the cheapest you'll get for phone calls to Oz

i have utv talk and use telestunt for international -- no problems, you have to sign to utv for 1 year

Yes they do! 24.99 monthly for UNLIMITED (yes completely unlimited) use of internet with no restrictions at all, with school and college people in the house it's brilliant value at we can have 40 50 or more hours per month and it's still only 24.99 (plus any call charges you may have)