Who did former FF MEPS give our €12k-a-month Euro pensions to? Irish Mail.

NOAH

I was quietly reading the mail last night during x factor and happened upon one of the most amazing stories I have ever read.

Two PA's worked for 20 years for 2 MEPS, MEPS stand down and get pensions.The two PA's are given severance terms, no pension.

It now transpires the two MEPS claimed the PA's pensions for 2 other people!

Twenty years work and get treated like that!

Apparently names are going to be released in two weeks.

How did they do it? And how did they get away with it?

noah

You would have got a clearer picture if you read the Irish Times.

[broken link removed]

Marion

no the mail takes into far more detail, the times implies it may be struck out. i will wait for the 2 weeks.

Who did MEPS give our €12k-a-month Euro pensions to? Irish Daily Mail

If this is true its really pretty disgusting but if it is true then these two individuals should be shunned,you would hope their is some sort of mechanism for removing pensions in cases like this from those involved as its nothing short of fraud of a most vile nature.

But if they got the European Parliament Assistance Allowance pensions they’re entitled to, they’d be getting up to €12,000 a month.

Surely a typo?

People who are found guilty of the level of fraud which is being alleged should receive a lengthy custodial sentence.

My understanding is that the 12k per month relates to money the MEP could have provided for the secretaries pensions and expensed. It seems to be alleged they directed the 12k per month towards someone else. If so it’s a bizarrely loose system of pension provision and would seem 100% open to abuse.

I suppose the EU justification for this is what they’re doing is trying to provide for an EU type pension to someone typically employed only indirectly in the service of the EU for only a few years. If you want to fund an EU sized pension built up over a few years, then you can see why they need massive contributions.

The EU makes even the Irish government and Irish civil service look like Ryanair in terms of running costs.

this has defenitely been hidden away someplace, anyone got a link to the naming of names?

i am watching this like a hawk as the implications are stupendous and it does not do the european union any favours, here is the latest, but wont name the 2 who got the pensions and the last time they said they would

It remains unclear, however, if the actions against James Fitzsimons and Liam Hyland will go ahead.

Why would there be any doubt that this action will proceed?

I think its down to legalese and it may even mean that this was a common practice. And in other words we cant be taken to task for the same "crime"

I will keep watching but we were promised the names of the 2 receiving the pensions and did not get them. This makes me think that we never will. However no that judge has been convicted we live in hope.