who can police the TD's?

NOAH

Just listening to today FM, last word, about drinks bill in dail bar, they can use a slate?? Apparently TDs get subsidised drinks and food and in the bar they can use a slate sytem ie not pay. Then when TD does not get re-elected they run away and dont pay the bill.

It got me thinking and it appears that TD's can do what they like and there is no accountability.

Last election I was favoring not voting for anyone and then no TD would be returned so the civil service could run the country direct. At least we would save the money wasted by TDs and spare us not having to read their galling behaviour, clock in to get an allowance, but if abroad they are clocked in anyway, and we have a TD forgetting to clock in when in the dail, (ghu), get an unvouched allowance, get a salary, a cast iron pension, loads of time off, and when you contact a TD they do cartwheels to avoid you.

i cant wait for the troika to get to those expenses and get rid once and for all.

This story was shocking.

We had a great fanfare when FG were elected (with Labour of course) saying how we'd see the new politics, and how all the old nonsense would cease.

Nothing has changed.

i wonder if mw was an MP would he last the course, lets hope the media still remind him when he gets back.

Nobody polices them. How do you think they have been getting away with dreadful spending, much of it false expenses claims over the years?