Whirlpool / Jacuzzi Bath

T

teachdeas

Thinking of getting one of these in my newly remodelled but still very small bathroom - it's a fairly standard type -Phoenix Whirlpool 1700 x w750 with 12 jet whirlpool system. Anyone have one in use or any comment about them in general ?

Also are electric showers very heavy on electricity as getting one of these fitted also.

Thanks

Problems with jacuzzi baths

I love the idea of these jacuzzi baths but on problem i have is that i have a normal sized hot water tank.
These only heat enough water to fill a normal sized bath.

None of the jacuzzi baths i've seen provide their own heat for the water and all are larger than normal baths so you wont be able to fill them with one tank of water.

Other problem i've found is that none of the ones i've seen have their own pumps for the jets.

If anyone can direct me to one with own pump and water heater i'd get it though.

Re: Problems with jacuzzi baths

A mate installed one, but he says the pump is very loud and not as relaxing as you might imagine!

I think you also need to be very careful about the design of the bath and jets that you get. It is important that residual water doesn't stagnate in the pipes supply the jets - in a worse case scenario it can cause Legionnaires disease or so I have been told

efm

We had one of these baths installed a couple of years ago. At the time we had to change the size of the hot water cylinder. This cost about €100 euros at the time, but it is very necessary as the baths are big. As a relaxing bath it is a bit of a no no because you cannot put in any type of bath products that cause foam. This can include shampoo, bath gels, bubble baths etc.,

Many thanks for all advice. Plumber told me that my original standard water tank would suffice as the whirlpool bath is only the same size as a standard bath. Surprised to read that you can't use foam/bubble bath etc. Also the mere suggestion of Legionaires puts me right off ! Don't know anything about the pumping system.

fear not

we have one, a 14 jet, own pump, have large tank but not due to bath.

Bath is same length as ordinary, just a bit deeper but I dont think it fills much more than an ordinary one due to overflow drain (which makes me wonder why they bothered to make it deeper).

You can use foam products, just use them very sparingly (especially is water softening system as we have). Is a bit of noise on the pump but thats just part of the "humm" of the jets circulating the water.

Best use is get used to bath, then switch on jets for a bit, then switch off for a bit etc. etc. (this also helps counteract excessive foam build up).

Could thoroughly recommend it, a bath without one isnt worth installing cos I know we wouldnt use ours to 10% of the use we get out of it since it has the jets. One luxury with payback.

Re: fear not

Thanks for some positive feedback Betsy Og.
They are a bit of a luxury item but we would use it a lot more than a 'still' bath. I'll have to find out more about the pumping mechanism though. Glad that you can use a limited amount of bubbly in them. Not much of a luxury otherwise.

Has anyone installed an Artic Spa jacuzzi bath. It has alot of features for the price 6 main jets, 10 base jets for "acupuncture massage", builtin radio, can be used with a CD player under water LED light, a control to adjust the temperature of the water. It seems good for the price but has anyone used one of them?

Anyone got any recommendations on good place to buy one of these (Kildare/ Dublin area). Roughly what is price of one?
Would love one and before I go looking need to know roughly what to expect to pay before I make up my mind

Hi Denise,

You may find something useful in previous threads.

If they're the same things I'm thinking of a friend got one some years ago and finds it very noisy.

Back