Whirlpool bottom oven not heating up

marty004

Hi Folks,
We bought a brand new whirlpool double oven about 2.5yrs ago and up until this week it was all working fine.
The lower oven (top oven is still working) has decided not to heat up anymore. Lights and fan are working fine so I presume it is something to do with the thermostat??
If so how much does one of these cost and is it possible to replace it myself?
Any ideas if something different is happening let me know.
Kind Regards,
Marty

If you need a recommendation for parts and/or service then I would recommend giving www.mastercare.ie a call to see what they say. No vested interest - just a satisfied customer.

I presume it is something to do with the thermostat??

Marty

I had this problem with a Creda and it turned out to be the element. In the Creda it's located at the back of the oven, just 4 screws to be removed from the panel. The element was visibly crumbling. The element is a large double loop around a foot in diameter

It was just a matter of 2 spade connectors and an earth screw to remove and then replace with a new one. There was one extra screw to hold it all in place. Cost was €60.

It goes without saying to switch off power at the main fuse and not to take chances unless you're comfortable working with electrical appliances.

Back