Whinging on Liveline about Garda cars being parked on paths/double yellow line?

Re: garda cars and illegal? parking

I think in an 'Emergency Situation' there's probably a half reasonable excuse for it..

What was described on Joe Duffy, and what I and many others experienced, and continue to experience doesn't sound like 'Emergencies'...

Around my way, the Guards obviously think running into Spar for a sandwich and a carton of milk is an 'emergency'.

Generally speaking, I think Gardai make very innconsiderate neighbours. They have Harcourt Street (and the nearby Harcourt terrace) destroyed with careless, thoughtless and in some cases dangerous parking. They regularly block wheelchair access ramps, park on footpaths and regard coach parking bays as their own.

Thes excuse is often made that they need the cars for official purposes but this doesn't hold water. I often see one such car in Harcourt Street that has a child seat in the back. I don't see how this could be used for official purposes (unless it's part of some sort of preventive strategy).

Do you mean on-street parking?

there's limited on-street parking on parkgate street, there is parking in the phoenix park available. there are 3 supervised/pay car-parks within a few hundred metres - at heuston station, the ashling hotel and the museum at collins barracks.

I have had the misfortune to listen to Joe over the last couple of days as the OH has been listening to it, and sweet This post will be deleted if not edited immediately but thats depressing radio.

Apparently it gets 400,000+ listeners

This country must be full of whingers and moaners.

I was nearly ready to slash my wrists - I won't be listening to any more of it. Awful.