Which UFH Heating System? Help!!!

F

Forleton

Hi

We are currently building a 2 storey house around 2,800 sq ft in Galway and have the pipework for the underfloor heating installed on both floors. Our intentions was to install an Oil Burner and reexamine this a little later down the road.

With the introduction of the new Grants & the continuous increases in both Gas & Oil, we are now strongly toying with the idea of switching to either a Geothermal Heat Pump System or Wood Burning Pellet option.

We need to make a fast decision and it comes down to annual running costs & efficiency. I would love to hear from any experienced users of these systems on annual costings, whether they would do it again etc.

Any comments would be gratefully appreciated!!!

Hi Forleton,

Welcome to AAM.

While you are waiting for replies you could use the search option in this particular forum and have a quick read thru the previous threads on UFH. This might give you some advice/help.

Hi Sueellen,

Thank you for your warm welcome. I have spent some considerable time reading through the previous threads but don't appear to hear much from experienced users regarding wood pellets so I thought it might be worth a shot to send out a further thread as unfortunately, we have to make a decision within a short timeframe & any fresh ideas or comments would be helpful.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

Hi,

In case you did not see these particular posts (there are so many) you might find them of interest:

This one is from our knowledgeable Heinbloed and is taken from the key post on Central Heating.

This particular thread is good also.

Hopefully you will get more info. from contributors. Best of luck with the new house. Wish I had a 2,800 sq. ft. house.

Thanks Sueellen,

I had not come across those particular threads you mentioned!