Which TV?

thedaras

Hi, any opinions on these two TVs?
Or can you suggest any other one, which is similar?

Or this;

Looks like a "Dongle " is needed for one of them to get access to the internet.

They both seem the same to me except the second one does not say Saorview approved!

As they state 'Freeview HD' I would say they are both English sets with MPEG 2 tuners so neither would be compatible with Saorview. You can buy those sets for the same price in Irish electrical retailers and they will be Saorview approved. I would be reluctant to buy such an item from argos.

Ye both the same really but i personally would want saorview. Have you check out harvey normans. Last time I bought a tv ya could go in and haggle with them. I got 15% off display price.

Ye both the same really but i personally would want saorview. Have you check out harvey normans. Last time I bought a tv ya could go in and haggle with them. I got 15% off display price.

Being able to haggle is fine, but you need to know the price of that model elsewhere to ensure you're getting a good deal. 15% off a TV that might be 20+% cheaper elsewhere isn't that good a deal. The one example I looked up, the Panasonic P50C3 is €800 in HN, but €630 in Power City.

Actually, first one says 'Saorview approved to work with the Irish digital..'

Second one does not say that.