Which TV Service to use?

JMR

We will be moving into a new (2nd hand) house in the next few weeks.
At the moment, in our existing house we have basic NTL package with just terrestrial channels and bedroom TV's run off splitters from the main TV.

The question I have is what is the best setup to use in the new house?
I am not that interested in having 100's of channels (but maybe I don't know what I'm missing!)
I do need to have the exact same channels available in at least 4 rooms which can all be viewed independently of each other.
I would like to have perfect reception on each TV, which we don't have at present. Some channels on some TV's are not great.

So what is the best? SKY with multiroom?, Freeview (do I need 4 boxes)?, Sat4free ???

The house has been completely refurbished and TV points are located in all rooms.....

Thanks

Are you sure that you mean Freeview above? That is the UK digital terrestrial service and not generally available in the Republic of Ireland. Perhaps you meant Free To Air satellite or something?

Are you sure that you mean Freeview above? That is the UK digital terrestrial service and not generally available in the Republic of Ireland. Perhaps you meant Free To Air satellite or something?

As you can see, I'm not too familiar with the terminology........
As far as I am aware there are two types of "Free to Air"
1. What's known as a "Dodgy Box" and requires a cable subscription (NTL). The box then opens up all the other channels for viewing???
2. Sat4Free which has a menu structure (EPG I think?) - don't know if NTL subscription is required for this

I would be very grateful if you could enlighten me as to what's currently available

That's not free to air. And it's not legal either.
2. Sat4Free which has a menu structure (EPG I think?) - don't know if NTL subscription is required for this
Sat4Free is basically FTA satellite with an EPG like FreeSat. You can also get FTA satellite without an EPG using one of the dish/receiver/cable etc. kits from various ratail outlets.

I would recommend you to head over to the boards.ie Satellite TV forum and read some of the FAQs and look up the terms above on Wikipedia.