Which stove/range to buy? Recomendation of going for Dual fuel or electric.

sully

Hi there,

Mrs sully would love to know which range to buy? She is thinking of a Dual fuel range. ie Gas hob and elctric ovens and is looking at these types so far
Stoves Sterling ST1000DF Dual fuel range cooker, 2500 euros including hood and 299 for splashback
Rangemaster Toledo 110 Dual fuel 2500 Plus 750 for hood and and 250 for splashback

Is there other types of ranges she should be looking at?

are dual fuel the best option? I am thinking that Electric might be better?

Is there better value to be had in other ranges? As i dont want to have to spend that amount on a cooker if i can help it

we just put in the stoves range you are talking about, with splashback and hood, have to say i love it. i actually like cooking on gas hobs..think it is easier to judge heat than with electrical..have to say i love mine, worth every penny, although i think we may have gotten it a bit cheaper than that

Rangermaster 110 owner. Duel fuel, for the same reason as mossym - I prefer to cook on gas. Great cooker. Very solid.

We have a rangemaster also. I was wary of gas before I bought this one but now find it excellent. It's very handy if the electricity is cut off to have an alternative way of cooking. And if the gas runs out you have the oven. It's a good cooker and you can cook lots on it so I'd give it the thumbs up. Only thing I'd say is that you should shop around- there is a huge variation in price. There are previous threads and you should look them up because I think I remember reading about someone ordering over the internet from UK and it being delivered over here at a substantial discount.

So everyone here reckons the Dual fuel is the best option to go for.

I looked up some english stores websites and the for the stoves package below there is only a saving of over 200 euros. i think i will stick with the store in case of any problems.

I was asking about this before - however I didn't want a 'range' just a normal size dual fuel cooker. Ended up with a Hotpoint 60cm dual fuel which I really like. Especially because it's so easy to clean and has nice sturdy gas hob.

I think it's really cool that Hotpoint have a cooker which is part of the 'range' range yet is the size of average cooker.

Hi
We are going for a rangemaster elan 110, saw previous posts on Hardys of Kilkeel and went to visit - they will deliver to Dublin for 50 stg- seems to be working 200-300 cheaper.
BJS-
I have no connection with this company