Which Drive-time Radio do you prefer?

QED

Just wondering what evening drive-time radio others listen to and why?

I flick between Radio 1 Drivetime, The Last Word and The Right Hook. I have no real loyalty to anyone of them. Each can be very interesting but also very annoying.

It's not as interesting to list the points I like from each so I'll list what makes me switch:

Radio 1 can be a bit up themselves.
George Hook can waffle and not get his point accross.
Matt Cooper pseudo arguments for no reason when interviewing can be very annoying.

The one that gives me the traffic news.
98fm until I'm south of Bray and then East Coast FM (but traffic news once an hour is rather scabby).

always listen to Matt Cooper on the way home from work and while getting the dinner ready.

We must have the same taste in radio! I would be exactly the same as you. Tend to flick between the three for an interesting interview. More likely to be The Last Word or George Hook as Radio One can sometimes have very pretentious arguments. I've often turned from Newstalk when George begins pontificating on something rather than interviewing his guest and when I've switched back he's still waffling on!

I think the Last Word is about the best of them but there's a bit of the "best boy" about Cooper - a bit smug and self-satisfied.

I get into the car and flick from Radio1 to Last Hook to Cooper until I find an interview or story that interests me. Then i stay on that station until I get bored and flick again. If they're all boring, I bang in Christy Moore and sing on home...

Cooper is good for sports preview from 6pm on a Friday.

I tend to switch when an ad break comes on. Somtimes they have ads on all three at the same time - switch to CD then.

BB

There doesn't seem to be much loyalty around.

It makes you wonder why advertisers pay to put ads in these shows when most people (who are in cars at least) flick between the stations.

I usually listen to Matt cooper, sometimes Radio One, hardly ever listen in Hook.
The woman on NewsTalk in the morning is dreadful. She asks stupid questions, can't control an interview and makes some staggeringly small minded and begrudging comments.

I flick between radio 1 and today fm. I never listen to hook cos I don't know how to tune my radio.

I miss Rachel English though and didn't 'flick' as much when she was doing it.

Mary Wilson is fine but only fine IMO.

I must admit I'm now listening solely to DCAL when communting around dublin, morning and evening, its great to get up to date traffic info, and the selection of music they play is excellent - lots of bands i hadn't heard of, or old favourites. They rarely play the top 10 tracks, but via them and their listeners I've gotten to like a range of new bands, and its the only channel I can think of that would play Metallica and Dean Martin back to back!

I generally don't listen to the radio much, but will listen to Matt Cooper on the way home from work everday. I like feeling like I'm part of an (sometimes semi-) intelligent discussion and not having to take part.

addob