Which charity to donate to?

Glenbhoy

Hi all,
with the season of goodwill almost upon us, i (being the kind generous soul that I am) had fleeting thoughts of either increasing my monthly dd to Concern, or setting up a new regular donation to another charity. I get a bit annoyed by Concern's approach of sending out updates and leaflets etc, as in my opinion the cost of such items are a waste.
Basically, what I want to know (without doing the research) is, which charity will give me the most bang for my buck in terms of achieving something worthwhile, or is the concept itself outdated?
All suggestions welcome.

Re: Which charity to donate to??

lots of worthy ones to choose from...... such as The Cope Foundation, local hospice

Hi,

This separate thread probably covers the same subject ?

same boat here. want to give a bit more and if I give it to concern they will be able to claim the tax back. but there are so many others especially the ones for blind people in africa and south america which can be kept at bay by a few pence a day. Glenbhoy; I contacted Concern direct and informed them that I had a dd with them and why did they keep sending me 'begging' letters with a dd mandate and more or less insinuated that they hadn't a clue who was contributing what to them. No more letters. Same as you, dont need them, I am perfectly capable of making my own decisions except that tax refund has me beaten.

Back