which area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorting it!

hi, im lookin into booking a hol in cancun mexico for the middle two weeks in sept. Its for two adults but just not sure what area i should be looking to stay in as nobody i know has been!! Would like somewhere quiet but not far from main resort. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Hi,
I travelled through Mexico last October for 3 weeks. I stayed in Cancun for 4 nights as I was flying back from there. I stayed in the "Avalon Baccara Exclusive Hotel", which I found to be excellent value. Note, not the Avalon Grand which is next door and much larger. I think it was around €28 per night per person (there were 2 of us). We booked last minute while we were in Mexico, and were not all-inclusive. Hotels tend to not be as helpful/nice when all-inclusive since they know all your stuff is already paid for.
We were there during hurricane season (as you will be), hence the good prices. Its very expensive at the peak times. It's a small hotel, 28 rooms, with swimming pool & beach access. Our room contained its own jacuzzi as well. The hotel is on the main strip of hotels, close to major shopping centre (walking distance), with all major shop, restaurants etc, at good prices too.
Hope this helps

Since the original poster has failed to make the thread title meaningful I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back