Where's Enda - Now.

IsleOfMan

When Enda gave a commitment to keep the services open at Roscommon Hospital in his vote gathering speech he wasn't speaking in an empty room. By denying that he gave this commitment, he was effectively implying that the people who heard this vote gathering speech were all hard of hearing or a bit stupid.
I didn't like him before the election, I then warmed to him a bit after the election, now I am gone back to the way I used to feel.

You can get tired of his "Whup ya Boyo", theatrics very quickly.

The strange thing about this is that FG were always going to win the last election and are in a position to make hard decisions and genuinely say they have no other choice as they have been left a mess by FF.
I don't know why they promised things they couldn't deliver.

has anyone bothered to ask Enda does he know how HIQA arrived at their conclusion about Roscommon!!! its a classic.

noah

ps guess who has lost the next election already

It's a sad state of affairs when an emergency department serving 35 people a day dominates national news in a country of over 4.5 million people for over a week.

I'm sure that nobody in Government wants to close the ED of the hospital, in an ideal world money would be spent to revitalise the department. But we're not living in an ideal world. One of the first things the government announced after the election was that the finances were in a worse state than FF had led the country to believe. Tough decisions have to be made. What Enda did say before the Election was that local issues would have to take a back seat in the National Interest for recovery to begin.

Looking back, the economic history of the state has a familiar pattern. FF mess things up to stay popular, FG come in, make unpopular decisions to repair the damage and then don't get elected again. Will the people ever learn?

The closure of the services isn't the story. The problem is that this policy was introduced by FF for the same reasons that FG say that they have no choice but to close the services. However, while in opposition, FG and labour decided to be the populist parties and stood up in the Dail condemning the decision and then went on the election trail making election promises. And then kenny decides to deny ever making those promises. Now they are blaming HIQA and FF but nothing has changed. HIQA had already raised concerns about safety when FF was in government. Let's see what Gilmore does when it comes to his area. He is already hinting that local issues will take precedence over national issues.

Also, the dog on the street knew the state of the national finances. Are we going to have to listen to the Government blaming FF for the next four years? I don't blame FG and Labour for the mess but they got elected because they said they could do a better job fixing it. So far it is a mixed performance that really shows the difference between opposition politics and being in government.

Back