Where would you go for a day trip on a plane?

Just back from liverpool, this is our second shopping trip. Stayed for two nights but could easily be done as a day trip. Flight over at 7 45 am and back at 9 45pm. very short trip right into centre, city is very compact and shopping excellent. You could also do the beatles tour and visit the excellent free museums in the Albert dock area.
Have to say I never had any expectations of liverpool but it turned out to be really interesting and very beautiful city and the accent so nice.

Would you mind saying where you stayed? I'm thinking of a small trip

Thanks
S.

Milan

EI to Linate arrive 10:50. Bus into centre €1.10, see Doumo, do tour of La Scala and see the last supper all in the day. Home EI from Malpensa flight at 8:20 I think and get Malpensa express from centre. Do your research on line and it's all possible.

Quite often I go on a day trip to Dublin- Kerry International Airport or Shannon to Dublin, very handy, good transfer times. Would highly recommend it. Shopping is quite good and a fair few attractions. Of course you do have to put up with the natives... but all in all a good day out.

We stayed in the Express by Holiday Inn on Albert Docks, lovely hotel in a marvellous location. Only a three minute walk to liverpool 1 which is the new shopping centre and its gorgeous. Great restaurant right beside the hotel called 'Whats Cookin'. Food is great and so reasonable. If you go there on a Monday night its all 80's music and prices to match. Have a look at the hotel on trip Advisor, reviews are great and we booked with Alpha Rooms and Bookings.

Doing a days shopping trip to london with the partner via gatwick. She's doing the shopping and I'm doing the carrying!!! As shopping isnt my thing, where would be recommended to go? As its just a day we'd probably need to focus on one particular area/centre etc. I've been told covent gardens is good, buts sure what do I know!!!

Thanks in advance

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
what do you like doing? as it's hard to recommend anything specific without knowing that. you can do anything you want in london, it's a great great city for a day trip.
you could go to knightsbridge, she could pop into harrods and you could walk down to the victoria and albert museum if you like.
check www.timeout.com for all the 'stuff' that's on.
use www.tfl.gov.uk for planning your journies around the city or for checking what's near what.
going through gatwick as others have said you can use southern trains or first capital connect trains to get to victoria
or london bridge for a lot cheaper than the gatwick express and depending on the train you get might only be 10 minutes or less behind the 'express'.