Where would I find drivers.......

hansov

I have a Conexant HCF V92 Data Fax USB modem which I need to install on a friend's computer. My computer recognises it okay but her's doesn't. It want's the drivers. Problem is I don't have internet access on her computer (the reason I'm installing the modem!). Where or what can I do? Could I take a copy of all the drivers on my machine (onto a USB memory stick) and have her machine search for the relevant driver off that or is there an easier way?

Conexant is just the chipset manufacturer. Generic Conexant drivers may work but it's usually better to get the modem manufacturer's own drivers. If it's not obvious from the card who the manufacturer is then you can usually trace them using the FCC ID printed on the card. Modemsite is also a good place for info on this sort of thing. Usually it's a good idea to collate the specific chipset identifiers and any other identifiers on the card and use these to search for useful info.

If you have a mass storage device like a usb key copy the driver from your pc to it or you could burn them on to cd and then when your friends os looks for the driver for the modem just point it to the drive...