Where were you in 1978, the last time Munster beat the All Blacks

mathepac

I had to work as I was in a new job and everyone else (I do mean everyone else) had holidays booked. I was left to hold the fort.

Listening to people talking since, there were at least 3,596,423 Munster fans in Thomand Park that day.

What's the ground capacity now, 30 years later?

I was paying 65% tax (and living beyond my means according to Charlie Haughey).

I had to work as I was in a new job and everyone else (I do mean everyone else) had holidays booked. I was left to hold the fort.

Listening to people talking since, there were at least 3,596,423 Munster fans in Thomand Park that day.

What's the ground capacity now, 30 years later?
Ceist agam ort! Were these paying fans or did some slip under the turnstiles?:) Anyone now for the last few choc-ices?

... Were these paying fans or did some slip under the turnstiles?:)
Some of the chancers I've spoken to must have had "wombs with a view".
... Anyone now for the last few choc-ices?
I don't remember Bill Cullen talking about being there either. :D

They used to sell "Lukie-Lukies" (Lucan ice-cream) at matches in those days - choc-ices were for the tennis club crowd.

I was waiting to be born 4 years later....

I was waiting to be born in 6 months, what a shame I wasnt around to see that game.

What a game last night, I'm not from Munster but Munster done Ireland proud.

Joejoe

Well done to Munster
This was a fantastic performance by a team who can almost become more than the sum of their parts when the red jersey is worn in Thomond park.
It was more than a game. It was a special occasion for all as shown by the all black who handed the ball to a young spectator at half time, the munster haka, and the lap of honour taken by both teams at the end and of course the minute of silence.

Back