where to store documents online

picassoman

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good site on-line to store documents ? e.g. word, jpeg, etc

I am carrying around some personal documents on a memory stick so that I have access to them at work, home etc. I also have different versions of the same docs on multiple PCs and getting confused at this stage !!

All PCs I use have broadband access so I though an on-line location might be the solution.

Any recommendations or comments would be appreciated.

-pm

I use Microsoft's SkyDrive (http://skydrive.live.com).

25Gb of free storage, of any file type, with a household name. There are other similar services, but I think this is a good all-rounder, easy to use and 25Gb is a quite a lot unless you have lots of media.....and it's free!

Only real restriction is that the maximum size of any single file is 50Mb, but that's unlikely to be a problem with the files you're proposing (doc, jpg).

I use google documents - mainly for word and pdf files - works fine for me.

OK - tried the google documents because I already have a gmail account. Uploaded a DOC file, and then downloaded it to another folder but when I opened in Word the layout had gone all over the place. Probably doing something wrong so I'll have a play around....