Where to stop on Garden Route SA

Erasure

I am travelling the garden route for a week next Jan (8 nights) from capetown to port elizabeth. Anyone any advice as to the best places to stop off and any recommended hotels in these places would be great.

Keeping in mind the duration of yoyr trip, I would suggest you visit the following places - Knysna, Wilderness, Storms River, Plettenberg Bay. If you visit Knysna, try to do the day trip to [broken link removed]. We thoroughly enjoyed it, and so has everyone we know who did it.

If you're lucky enough at Plett, you can sit on the rocks at the Beacon Isle end of the beach and watch the dolphins go by.

Do a search and you'll find quite a few discussions about where to go and where to stay on the Garden route.

Heading there in a couple of weeks and we are going to spend a couple of nights in Oudtshoorn and going to check out the Cango wildlife ranch and cango caves

www.cango.co.za/
www.cangocaves.co.za/

Think we booked the hotel using this site, but I've been to so many I'm not sure, Protea Hotel Riempie Estate (3*)which is round €37 euro per night [broken link removed]

Also spending a night in Knysna staying at the Overmeer guest house, (5* guest house) for approx €37 each also - some lovely looking places there which are v cheap compared to here.
http://www.overmeergh.co.za/

Oudtshoorn is quite a fun place to visit. If you do go there, try to get out to one of the ostrich farms to go for an ostrich ride. The cango caves are definitely worth a visit. Just be sure to wear relatively old clothes if you plan on doing the full tour.

we stayed here when we were in Knysna - was lovely
http://www.fisheaglelodge.co.za/
As mentioned by annfield above, we got this place out of the portfolio collection books

I mentioned in an earlier post that we also rented a mobile fon at the airport and used this to prebook accommodation as we travelled around. Altho in Jan you'd prob be as well to have it booked in advance. It cost around 30-40EURO for 2 weeks all in which cant be bad and it was nice to be in contact if needs be!

Back