Where to stay in Barcelona?

S

SNOWBALL

Hi

I am flying in to Girona Barceloan on the 23rd may can aynone help with the following info please

1 How long does the bus take to go in to barcelona?
2 Looking for a place near the beach would like an apt what is the best area to stay in

thanks

I am off to Barcelona next week and I am staying at Hotel Call which is just off La Ramblas and I think that is fairly near the beach. To be honest it is a very basic hotel but it is cheap. [broken link removed]

As for the journey, I believe the bus takes an hour according to some research I have done!

I would avoid La Ramblas. It's like staying on O'Connell street. I stayed in a nice apt in the Gothic quarter. It was really nice at night time because it's pedestrianised. Lots of people walking about, street entertainers, traders, nice restaurants. Still within walking distance of La Ramblas but not as rough. Beware of pickpockets though... I was followed for about 10 minutes!

Hi There
We stayed in this hotel when in Barcelona last year and we loved it, very friendly & helpful staff.
http://www.hduquesadecardona.com/content/eng/HOTEL.php Really nice but rooms small which is very common across Europe. The location was amazin with a view over the harbour and good bar next door. It is within walkink distance of everywhere with the Gothic area only a 5min walk, with some lovely restaurants up the lane behind it even though it is a bit of a maze. I hope this helps.
Enjoy Barcelona its an amazing city. Also there is a restaurant there that is worth trying its called the 7 Portes (7 doors in English) the oldest restaurant in Barcelona. Very cool though.

princess hotel is about 10/15 mins on metro from las ramblas from what I can recall and a great hotel.

There is a swimming pool on the roof which is quite cool. Highly recommended

I would reccomend the Paralell hotel, metro stop outside the door, walk to the harbour, 5 mins, Las Ramblas 5 mins. Lovely quiet, clean hotel. Plunge pool on the rooftop.
Will stay there again when I return to Barcelona. Brilliant city.

just back from barca and would recommend the NH Calderon on Rambla de Catalunya, just up from Placa Catalunya, 2 mins from metro, 5 mins from Aerobus. Room was excellent, staff were friendly, breakfast was superb. got it on justonehotel.com. around €360 for the two nights brekkie included. lots of extas in the bedroom ie tootbrushes, shaving kit, hair brush etc all supplied. usual choc on the bed but also packet of nuts, packet of mints and packet of crisps also in room. mini bar was on the honour system. Have a nice break.

Back