Where to sell second-hand suite?

Butter

Anybody any ideas on how to sell/get rid of a 3+1+1 suite of furniture? I've put an ad in buy&sell and one up in my local supermarket. Are there any other web-sites or place I can go to advertise it. My new suite is ready for delivery so I really need to get rid of this. It's still in good condition and I'm reluctant to just skip it. Thanks.

buyandsell (but you have it already) maybe on the net too
gumtree.ie
ebay.ie
evening herald
local paper (southside/northside people)

just a few examples

if you cant find a buyer I prob know someone that would take it off you

If you're in Dublin, Dublin City Council do a Freecycle style programme. Check out their website.

dublinwaste.ie have a section (free trade) on their website where you can offer your suite for free once its collected from you. loads of stuff there. If you not in dublin could offer it to a local furniture auction etc

if you want to give it away, try "jumbletown" and the person collects from you. St VdeP apparently charge you to collect these days!!

Dublinwaste.ie is very good, I have managed to give away some items on it. Furniture may take a bit longers because of the transport needed but I'm sure you will have a taker.
I once got a suite of furniture up at Fingal recycling centre where it was sitting there about to go to the dump. It had never been used, just sitting in a shop window somewhere.

there was a place in Cookstown Ind Est called Le Depot, (google ledepotdublin) but their website doesn't seem to be working anymore so I don't know if they're still in business - the idea was that they sold good quality second hand furniture, on behalf of people, taking a percentage of the sales price. I went out there a few times last year for a nose & they'd some nice stuff at good prices - but maybe they've ceased trading.....

If you wanted to give it away, Oxfam Home on Francis Street, Dublin 8 (4020555) take all kinds of furniture also & I am nearly sure they collect also. They can often have some lovely and interesting pieces of furniture & homewares.

Are there any local auction houses in you area?

We were in the same position last year trying to get rid a 3 and a 2 seater, left it into the local aution house and ended up getting €350, would have given them away or settled for a lot less so it was a nice bonus

Hi all,
Just wanted to say thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to do my homework on places this afternoon and hopefully I'll get something sorted this week. I'm keen to get the new suite now that it's ready but find I have a bit of an attachment to the old one as well and want to see it go to a "good home". Sad I know!

I would say eBay is yer man

dublinwaste.ie have a section (free trade) on their website where you can offer your suite for free once its collected from you. loads of stuff there. If you not in dublin could offer it to a local furniture auction etc

Actually this was covered on the 9 o'clock news last night. Has saved over 200 tonnes of goods from going to landfill since it was set up apparently.