Where to move to in Louth?

Carnmore

Can anyone recommend a town in Louth to move to?

Somewhere with good public transport links, things to do and see.

I was thinking about Castlebellingham but Matthews bus doesn't stop there and Bus Eireann takes two hours to Dublin!

Thanks in advance.

Don't rule out Co Meath. Laytown and Bettystown are both affordable and have good transport links to Dublin.
#Disclaimer - I don't know much about either of these towns, other than driving through them.

Can anyone recommend a town in Louth to move to?

Somewhere with good public transport links, things to do and see.

I was thinking about Castlebellingham but Matthews bus doesn't stop there and Bus Eireann takes two hours to Dublin!

Thanks in advance.

castlebellingham is only a village , ardee is a better option if you want a town with good motorway connections and all amenities close by , its half way between drogheda and dundalk , drogheda would be a better option but more expensive , louth tends to be a little cheaper for housing than meath , no good reason why it should be really , you are never far from a motorway in louth , its that small
, dunleer is another option but thats on the coast so more expensive i imagine ?

a blow in should never move to a town smaller than five thousand people in my opinion , the clannishness in small parishes is a sight to behold

Back