where to go with Kids aged 5 and 3

F

familyvalues

I'm looking to take my children somewhere for the day within 90 mins of Dublin
anyone have any ideas?????

[broken link removed] Children of that age love it in my experience. Lots of animals they can pet and a playground

I know it's this weekend only but the Street Performance World Championship is on this coming weekend in Merrion Square

Ardgillian castle in Balbriggan is great, I am from Dublin Southside and had never even heard of it. Nice castle with sea behind it, great gardens if you want to have a Picnic and brillant playground - best I have brought the kids to.

Another place that is great is Powerscourt Waterfalls just outside Enniskerry, beautiful waterfall where kids have a dip in the stream, again great for Picnics and they also have a really good playground to keep the kids happy.

My kids love going to donadea forest in kildare, there is a lake with ducks and lots of trails to go for walks around the forest.
Lullymore heritage park is also very popular, they have a pet farm, forest a chu-chu train and an indoor play centre..

Newgrange Farm is a great day out. Its beside Newgrange funnily enough - just off the M50 past the Boyne bridge.

I can second Lullymore having been there last weekend.
€20 for 2 kids and toddler and no time restrictions.
Beauty of it is that it has both indoor and outdoor play areas.
Also recently opened crazy golf - the train is an on the road type that basically drives up through the bog and back but the kids enjoyed it !
Popular for school tours and birthday parties.

Donadea is nice too as well as the millennium maze - I think we did the 2 in one day if I recall correctly.
[broken link removed]
Big family day coming up in Donadea:
[broken link removed]