Where to go for holiday in Jan in USA?

Maggie B

HI,
looking for a bit of travel advice. I have family in USA who are unable to come to Ireland due to visa problems and I try to holiday with them in Jan every few years. The idea is I travel from Ireland to someplace warm and they join me. As I get older I hope to keep the distance as short as possible and looking for ideas for next Jan. Have been to Vegas, Arizona, and last few trips were to Florida.
Any help with warm spots would be appreciated. I have checked out the key posts and have taken a few print outs from the ITA software site to travel agents but they can never find the bargain fares for me.

Florida is the obvious one so maybe go somewhere different in Florida.
Have you been to Key West.

No harm in trying out the USA in the cold as well. I was in Chicago area a couple of years ago in the winter, in the snow, and it was great. Real proper snow, not like the crap we get here from time to time. Well worth the experience. Don't worry about getting around, the roads are kept well maintained and clear all the time (they are used to it).

I would say the Rockies in the west are spectacular in the winter.

All you have to worry about is wrapping up warm!!

Have been to Chicago in Jan a few times (family live there) but it was so cold hubbies mushtashe froze solid one time we went walking. Will check out the keys.