where to go for anniversary

jillyb

hey guys

It's me and my other half's 10 yr anniversary this summer and we wanted to go somewhere a bit different in may/june!

A bit of a sun holiday would be nice but not too hot-not over mid 20's as i burn so easily!

Looking for somewhere with a bit of luxury, maybe max 4 hours away by flight, good things to see and do aswell as relaxing. We want to go for a week so selfcatering would prob be best with a pool.

any ideas of somewhere? ps we've been to lanzarote & portugal and various city breaks so looking for somewhere else

thanks

May/June is the absolute perfect time to visit the Greek islands - well before the tourists hordes and heat of summer but with plenty of warm weather, particularly the more south you go.
You could fly direct to Crete but if you're an adventurous sort I'd suggest a direct flight to Athens then catch a ferry to any number of Greek islands and just pick up accomodation when you get there.
Gazillions of cheap hotels and rooms, friendly people and really welcoming of visitors especially now in their recession which is much worse than here in Ireland.
This website has absolutely everything you need to know.

www.greecetravel.com

Lake Constance in Germany or Italian Lakes. Maybe Lake Maggiore and visit Borromean Islands and Switzerland at other end.

I agree with bronco lane, Lake Constance or anywhere in that area which borders Austria, Switzerland and Germany , stunning scenery and great food and friendly people.

Or Austria itself? Lakes, mountains, hiking, biking, swimming, sailing, culture, good food, friendly people.... Lovely sunny weather in May/June

What about the Mediterranean coast in Turkey? May is nice, in June it's getting a bit hotter, but still not too bad. And there is always a bit of a breeze from the sea. Hillside Beach Club in Fethiye is a wonderful resort in a really beautiful location, a nice option.
http://www.hillsidebeachclub.com/

On our big anniversaries we always take a holiday
She goes to England.
I go to Greece.

Nice one Oldnick, could be the secret of a long marriage. Larry Hagman said that the secret of a long marriage was separate bathrooms!

Back