Where to get Ergas gas cylinders in north dublin?

paddi22

Would anyone know where to buy the orange ergas cylinders around the Swords/Donabate area. Flogas seem to have control over all the shops we went to!

Are they not interchangeable? Or is it that you would like to get your deposit back on the existing cylinder?

Apparently they are not interchangable. The connection from our hob won't work an flogas one. Apparently there are two different kind of connector heads and they won't work on the wrong kind.

Not just a case of using a different regulator - like the way you have to get a different one for many gas BBQs when you buy them in stores here?

The connector seems to be a complete welded section that is hooked up to hob. We had thought of trying to change it for eases sake but i'd be worried we wouldn't connect it properly and blow the place up. We only use about a bottle of gas a year so it would be easier just to source a place that might sell them instead of trying to alter hob. My brother bought the original bottle somewhere around swords/donabate but he can't remember where!

cheers. i'l head up to a hardware place and see if i can get help with the regulator. It'd be handier to switch to flogas anyway, they seem to have colonised any shop within range!

Apparently they are not interchangable. The connection from our hob won't work an flogas one. Apparently there are two different kind of connector heads and they won't work on the wrong kind.

Before you go to the trouble of buying regulators, you might like to hear my tale.

I bought a gas stove last winter and got an empty trugas cylinder from family - when I bought a refill, I found the regulator from the stove didn't fit (wasn't too surprised as the stove was designed to work with CalorGas).

I contacted Trugas (based in Drogheda) and arranged to buy a new regulator. However the one they were going to sell me was the same as the one I had! Turned out that the gas cylinder was fitted with a Patio Gas valve, not a domestic use valve - the guys replaced the valve at the top of the cylinder and it worked perfectly!

I can interchange Calor Gas and Trugas cylinders (have an empty one of each) on the stove.