Where to get Cheap Utilitarian Storage!

gianni

Hi all,

can anyone advise where to get cheap presses that would be suitable for the wall of a utility room. These presses will be out of sight so I really do not give a monkeys how they look. I've been looking in Woodies/Atlantic/Argos but all I can seem to find are Shaker maples and the like... the prices are all around the €50+ mark too, which is a bit rich for me (at this moment in time)..

Has anyone recently purchased some bog standard presses with no frills and with a nice price tag on them!

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

You could join Freecycle and see if you could get some kitchen cupboards for nothing. You never know someone might be redoing a kitchen and getting rid of them.

Or else how about some open shelving - could get some in Argos or maybe one of the catering companies. When you can afford kitchen cupboards in the future, these shelves work great in a garage or shed.

Just some thoughts.

Cheers for the input Hurling Fan..

I've tried jumbletown.ie (similar to freecycle) in the past but never had much success.

The one time that there was something that sounded suitable - I called out to the person to collect and the stuff they were trying to get rid of was literally falling apart and only fit for firewood. I don't know who they were expecting would take it off their hands...

Your shelving idea is good... I'll run it by her indoors and see what she reckons!

Thanks again.