Where to get Camcorder repaired in Dublin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

babydays

Camcorder is suddenly refusing to record suddenly.

A little yellow symbol (not present in the instruction booklet of course!) appears and it beebs away at us.

It's a SONY 560 Handycam Vision.

Where in Dublin could I get someone to look at it/repair it?

I think item like this are difficult to get repaired as getting the parts or the labour can be just as expensive as replacing it.
Have you thought about trying to contact Sony or where you purchased it originally?

How old is it and where did you purchase ? I would start there....or contact a 'Sony Centre'

Yesterday, 02:10 PM

Today, 01:41 PM

A poster with almost 200 posts really should know better than to breach the posting guidelines in this manner.

Thread closed. :mad:

Camcorder is suddenly refusing to record suddenly.
A little yellow symbol (not present in the instruction booklet of course!) appears and it beebs away at us.
It could be indicating that the heads need cleaning.

If you've been using the same tape a lot, stop using it. Then, try a head cleaning tape and then a new tape.

A few years ago, I had a repair job done on a €2000 in a place in Fairview called 'AV Services'. I'd dropped it and wrecked the mechanism. Cost then was €300. I'd say minimum cost just to assess your camera would be €100, they'd tell you if it's worth spending any more.

But, first, try the head cleaning procedure.

Don't use the old tape again, if I am right, it's probably shedding oxide onto the heads.

Other possibility is moisture/condensation. Just leave the camera at room temperature for a few hours and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back