Where to get blinds in Laois/Offaly area?

rsta

Hi all.

I've just been browsing this forum, there are lots of helpful tips and advice and websites for buying blinds such as b4i.ie and clickforblinds.com. b4i seems really good value.

The only thing is waiting for them to arrive... I would really like to get blinds put up by this weekend if possible.

Can anyone recommend a shop in the midlands? Like around Tullamore / Portlaoise area?!!

Many thanks!

hi

ok - the name of the shop does not spring to mind but there is one in portlaoise. they were based down around the church in the town, they have moved premies though. thankfully they have left a map outlining where they have moved to and what their new address/contact details are. just drive down through the town (main st, one-way system). continue down pass Shaws, you drive past the Kingfisher Indian restaurant, their old premies were just before you come to the twin-roundabouts at the church. they were on the left opposite Remax.

blinds up by the weekend ? hmmm not so sure about that. i am not sure if you can buy blinds in standard widths etc. i know for our house (we used that shop that i cannot remember the name of ) and they had to measure up each window and then our blinds took between 2-4 weeks (depends on how busy they are etc). they put up the blinds as well.

anyway, hope this helps (sorry for not remembering the actual name).

--laoisfan

that one above is called Laois Blinds.. they are pretty good...

another option is Mervyns in Portarlington...

however... by the weekend...????

Albany.

Laois Blinds have moved from near the Kingfisher to Lyster Square (beside the book shop).

I've bought blinds from both Albany and Shaws in Portlaoise and found them both good; in fact all the flooring/ carpet guys do them as well (Centrepoint Carpets and Leonards). It's a big ask to expect to have them by the weekend though.

Thanks all for your replies. I think I'm going to go with b4i.ie after all... They sent me out some samples and I'm pretty happy with them.