Where to find runners with wheels!

gauloise

Sorry about the title but I do not know the correct term for these runners that children have with wheels in them! I'd be grateful if someone could let me know where I could buy theses for a 7 year old and an idea of cost.

Many thanks!

They are called heelys (sorry not sure of spelling) , you can buy them in sports shops that sell trainers like champion or those sort of places and they are over a hundred euro.

I dont know where to get them but if ya find out id love to know if they come in a size 12. think we could all do with a pair make getting aroud a bit Faster:) :) :)

Here's a [broken link removed] that ships to Ireland. There are lots of them on [broken link removed], too — my 10-year-old is demanding them for her next birthday! :eek:

Round Tuit said:
hmmm joey -
love men with big feet!! size 12 eh.
Time and a place for that sort of talk!;)
This gal is just trin to find some rollies and you obviously hav'nt come off pullin mode after the weekend:D

I ordered some from this place [broken link removed] on the reccommendation of someone on a different website and am awaiting delivery of them at the moment...ordered 2 pairs and including delivery worked out at approx 90 euro for the 2 pairs.

I dont think they are official heely's but looking at the price of them in champion sports (who are also sold out until next month apparently in most shops) they are approx 100 euro a pair :(

sam78 said:
I ordered some from this place .. I dont think they are official heely's but looking at the price of them in champion sports (who are also sold out until next month apparently in most shops) they are approx 100 euro a pair :(

There was a website listed in the Irish Times Saturday magazine last week about another site that does these yokes for less than half the price of the official ones. I'll post it here if I can find it. I believe it is different to the URLs already included here.

Smyth's Toystore Carrickmines had some last week €90 a pair.

Thanks for all the replies but at 90-100 euro a pair and the rate at which she is currently outgrowing shoes I think I 'll come up with something else though I might look into that website in more detail Sam78 as they do seem a lot cheaper.
Thanks again for all the replies:)

TarfHead said:
There was a website listed in the Irish Times Saturday magazine last week about another site that does these yokes for less than half the price of the official ones. I'll post it here if I can find it. I believe it is different to the URLs already included here.

I think it was wholemoontrading.

TarfHead said:
Correct - & we've ordered a pair from there for the small boy.

Have you received yours yet...I ordered mine from wholemoontrading on June 1st but not here yet (although there was a bank holiday floating around in the mix as well which might explain the delay!!)

Just also to add the OP that if your in a hurry there is someone on www.magicmum.com in the products corner selling them for 40 euro for a size 12 !!!

would recommend a little reading about the accidents and injuries caused by Heelys... not saying they are any worse than letting the kid go skateboarding on a half pipe but I saw the injuries over in Asia a year or two ago when they were big over there and it was not pretty.

Just for the record, order two pairs (sisters). Quality was fine, shipping took two weeks to arrive but all in all good value

Incidentally, from observation, they appear to have a negative impact on children's posture. Have a look at the way kids walk when the wheels are disengaged - seems very difficult and awkward. Personally, and i'm no medic, they seem like a very bad idea.

Thanks for all the replies but we went for "moon shoes" instead...they fit all the family and are a fraction of the price of wheelies though perhaps do not have the same street cred!:)

Back