Where To Find Old Roof Tiles - Marley

NOAH

I am trying to source old roof tiles for an extension to match existing, builder says no chance so has offered me spanish roll type in grey, as they are new they look nothing like originals. House is 31 years old tiles were made by marley, WITHREG DES 910881 on reverse. Company went bust in 1981. Apparently I need about 1500 plus ridge tiles.

It appears they can be imported but this is prohibitively expensive or so I have been told. I have no way of checking as no one knows who to contact.

Help please

noah

get the builder to move the tiles that are now on the back roof of the house to the front roof of the house and put the new tiles on the back where they will not be seen. This is how I solved a sim problem. works well!

Hammond roofing in Monkstown stock them, and there is a place on Johnstown Road Cabinteely not sure of the name but they are beside Hills hire if thats any help. They will supply new or second hand tiles. New ones are a replica marley but i think they charge dearer for the original marleys, but i suppose if you want them to blend in its worth paying the extra,

thanks for replies because of timescales i bit the bullet and went with new tiles, i think they are lovely but wife now wants old roof done in new as well!!!

I'll never learn.

noah

Back