Where to find a bag repairer in Dublin southside/city centre?

WarrenBuffet

Hi,

I broke the metallic clip of the handle of my bag - the bag has sentimental value and i am keen to get it fixed / clip replaced.

I have tried a number of tailors and asked them could they help me - all i get from them is "go to a hardware store, buy a clip and come back to them"!

Would anyone be able to recommend a competent bag repairer on Dublins south side / city centre?

Thanks,
WB

[ by Dr Moriarty]

Thanks Clubman but unfortunately not of much benefit as:

I tried the tailor just off lower baggot street thats mentioned in your link - he recommended i go to a hardware store and buy a clip! I dont want something ugly on the strap which will ruin the bag.

Maybe i am asking for something thats just not out there but said it I would post it anyway. Its a shame as i really like this bag.

(I will ring the guy in Bray to see if he can help me - will avoid driving all the way down there unless i have to)

Would you be able to buy a cheap bag in Dunnes or the like which you could scavenge for the required clips? Once you have those any tailor should be able to make the repair.

Try Adamson Luggage - 3 Johnson Place, Dublin 2 - (01) 6774622
I have used them for repairs and was very happy. Aer Lingus also use them for bags they manage to damage!

Thanks for that paul5 - looks exactly like what i am looking for. Am going to call in tomorrow with the bag so will let ye know how i get on.