Where to buy vinyl,leatherette,foam and velveteen?

O

OhPinchy

Hi,

I am going to build myself a poker table for my new house and would appreciate advice on where to buy the following materials. Either an online store that delivers to Ireland at a reasonable cost, or an actual outlet in Ireland would suit:

Velveteen (for the playing surface)
Foam (rigid enough for the outer rim/armrest that will circle the table)
Vinyl or Leatherette (to wrap around the foam for the outer rim).

I guess I only need a few yards of each so large scale distributors won't be interested.

For anyone interested, here is a link to a list of sites I will be using for inspiration:

[broken link removed]

Having read your post about buying and renovating a house, are you sure you'll have time for poker??

Ha ha, well maybe not for a while with all that work to be doing, but theres always time for poker! Thats why I'm trying to get hold of all the materials asap so that I could have the table built before the renovations start and it gets put on the back burner for, oh I don't know, a few years maybe.

Re: ...

at the top of capel street, there are a number of upholstry suppliers who do all the stuff you would need

Re: ...

Hi Pinchy,

I'd be interested in doing something like this myself, will you post back here to let us know how you get on! (ie you can be my guinea pig, and if its a disaster I won't bother trying!! )

yep, will do....will try make it into town on the weekend to pick that gear up and then take it from there so we'll see how it goes.

Re: Capel St. Upholsterers

Hi,

With reference to Eamonn's post above the following are the main upholstery suppliers now in Capel St: Capel Upholstery D.I.Y, 110 Capel St, D/1. (01) 8733162.

A.J. Upholstery Services, 56 Capel st, D/1, (01) 8732913 are directly opposite the first shop but are mainly suppliers of furniture materials.

Most of the other suppliers such as www.zhivago.ie/ have moved in the last few years.

HTH.

Anyone know of anywhere in Kildare/West Dublin area that sells foam? Need about 4 foot by 3 foot.

Thanks!